On-Call or Rotational Shifts No
Teleworking Eligible Yes
Fixed Schedule No
Overall Position Summary and Objectives The purpose of this position is to support, develop and lead various strategic workforce management initiatives. Initiatives include, but are not limited to workforce assessment, division level skills performance review, training assessment, coordination and development, staffing management, and overall workforce analysis and planning.
Certifications & Licenses
- Expense reconciliation, project management/planning, timekeeping, fellowship program management
- Project management, website content management
- Meeting minutes/summary reports
- Outreach Activities
- Data analysis
- MS Office
- General Business
- Develop division level resource guide, onboarding checklist and training plan for all new staff. Conduct annual review, policy updates and effectiveness analysis. - Yearly
- Develop division level professional development plan for all new staff. Conduct annual review, policy updates and effectiveness analysis to improve leadership training and development. Create and maintain too to track progress and compliance of training for all staff. - Yearly
- Develop and maintain employee workload and activity assessment tool. Conduct routine review of relevant data to report demographics and activity alignment to strategic business priorities. Report and present data to relevant stakeholders. - Bi-Weekly
- Support human resources administrative activities for all FTE and non- FTE staff. Includes but is not limited to recruitment, intramural fellow packages, promotion/new hire requests, T42 committee actions, T42 reviews, award submissions and related others. - Ad- Hoc Deliver presentations of current program status and updates to division leadership. - Ad-Hoc
- Support division workforce via time limited assigned projects supporting activities such as business processes, increased operational efficiency initiatives and development of related Standard Operating Procedures. - Ad-Hoc
Provides analysis and advisory services regarding management functions.
- Facilitate business process improvement activities, to include documenting as-is processes, gathering to-be requirements and validating capture with staff.
- Assist researching and preparing program and operational strategies and implementation plans.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of all facets of operations, document areas for improvement, research improvement methodologies and recommend course of action.
Prepares a variety of management and administrative studies to analyze and evaluate internal procedures, policies, processes and systems for the purpose of improving efficiency.
- Develop procedures and systems for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of administrative controls and systems.
- Document findings of studies and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures and organizational changes.
- Review policy, regulatory and legal requirements for operation and document gaps and propose corrective actions.
Reviews and comments on new or proposed changes to existing policies, procedures or systems.
- Evaluate operations against standard operating procedures (SOP) and document gaps or inconsistencies in performance.
- Observe operations and documents standard practices and develops new standard operating procedures (SOP) and instructions.
Prepares reports in the areas of budget, procurement, HR, travel, etc.
Review staffing data for gaps in knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to conduct operations. functional
Reviews policy and regulation that governs the activities performed in the program.
- Research and review institutional policies applicable to operations.
- Review business, operations and program plans for consistency and compliance with institutional and governmental policies.
- Draft policy documentation for review by upper management.
Prepares reports and presentations for meetings.
- Draft reports for review and discussion at working groups and meetings.
- Present information and status updates on projects and studies ongoing within the organization.
Researches and suggests developing areas of management policy.
- Assess organization and design performance measurement and evaluation tools and tactics to document and track performance over time.
- Documents performance shortfalls and recommends corrective actions.
- Assists operational and program staff identify, capture and evaluate unique performance criteria.
Performs in-depth analysis and statistical comparison of organizational data and information.
- Using available software and applications, such as SPSS, R, etc. conduct statistical analysis of financial, performance and workforce data.
- Conduct in-depth comparative analysis of organization against federal agencies and similar industry organizations to baseline performance and efficiency.
Assist financial managers prepare annual appropriated budget requests.
- Assist program managers prepare annual budgets based on historical and estimated future spending.
Conduct workforce studies and provide in-depth analysis and reporting.