Overall Position Summary and Objectives Under this task order, the contractor will independently provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Institutes of Health, Office of Research Services. The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through performance of support services.
Certifications & Licenses
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- MS OFFICE
- Business Management and Administration
- Human Resources and Personnel Management
- Work products and documents related to request packages; complete deficient packages; verify credentials; collect and prepare information for final approval; prepare invitation letters; enter information into databases and tracking systems. - Daily
- Work products and documents related to processing H-1B petitions, LPR and O-1 petitions, HSPD-12 processes; establish arrival dates; prepare pre- and post-arrival packages. - Daily
- Work products and documents related to "Enter-on-Duty” and "Walk-In” services; complete J-1 extension processing; work with staff on outreach and training activities; review, process and verify end of term requests. - Daily
- Work products and documents related to tracking and monitoring all phases of petition filings; create, compile and analyze data reports. - Daily
Processes foreign worker employment authorizations and track status.
- Review, edit and prepare for submission H-1B Specialty Occupations petitions with the US Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS).
- Review, edit and prepare for submission O-1 Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement petitions with the US Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS).
- Review, edit and prepare for submission (Form 829-2 for Visiting Fellows, Form 590 for Guest Researchers/Special Volunteers, etc.) to the US Customs and Immigration Service (USCIS).
- Work with staff to complete deficient packages; verify educational credentials and other required documents (reference letters, CV, evidence of funding).
- Work with staff in the waiver area to include collecting and preparing all information for final approval; enter information into databases; create files; verify information; respond to general inquiries.
- Process H-1B Temporary Skilled worker petitions to include all stages of H-1B preparation in order to file with USCIS.
- Follow up with scientists on arrival dates; establish new arrival dates.
- Work with staff on the preparation and review of LPR and O-1 petitions and HSPD-12 processes.
- Work with staff on "Enter-on-Duty” and "Walk-in” services; meet with Exchange visitors to complete J-1 extension processing.
- Perform data entry; enter scientists' information in appropriate Client databases; create files/forms as necessary.
- Create, compile and analyze data reports.
- Track/monitor status of all phases of petition filings, e.g., date in/date out.
- Maintain office files, including filing, sorting, file retrieval and culling of file materials.