Senior IT Project Manager
8-12 month-Contract- renewable possible
100% Remote Allowed
W2- Basis- no Corp to Corp
Pay rate: up to $100.00 per hour all-inclusive (travel and any additional expenses are included in the rate)
37.5 hours per weekThis position will report to the PMO (Project Management Office) and will work on a range of projects including business-facing initiatives, infrastructure, and related IT areas as needed.
A strong work ethic and flexible attitude is critical for success in this role, in addition to an acute ability to drive all projects to completion, on time and on budget. The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, enjoy working on a variety of projects concurrently, and have demonstrated experience leading high visibility projects as well as engaging and facilitating discussions with high-level stakeholders.
Most importantly, successful candidates for this role must have a positive outlook, an ambitious nature, and the drive to always perform at their utmost ability. Project Managers represent the Trial Court's Judicial Information Services Department with positivity, professionalism, and tenacity while we work to improve technology at any of our 100+ courts or executive office locations across Massachusetts.
If this sounds like you, then please submit your resume and cover letter for review. We have a terrific group of employees here at the Massachusetts Trial Court Judicial Information Services Department, and we look forward to making this opportunity a reality for someone new.
- Plans and runs complex projects through complete life cycle.
- Works directly with business teams (including high-level stakeholders) of an organization to facilitate an agreement on project objectives, scope, and requirements.
- Assemble and work with a core team to drive decisions making, issue resolution, and overall oversight of the project
- Facilitates decisions on proposed approach to address a business or an IT problem
- Plans and schedules project deliverables, goals, and milestones
- Develops a project plan including resources, time, and cost estimates.
- Participates in/leads the development of the Request for Proposals/Request for Information (RFP/ROI) process.
- Conduct feasibility, risk, regulatory compliance, and ROI analyses for proposed projects.
- Oversees the design, development, and implementation phases of the project, coordinating with the business, vendors, and relevant areas of expertise in IT
- Makes decisions regarding day-to-day activities such as assigning and reviewing project tasks, resource management within the scope of the project, and approving deliverables for review with major stakeholders
- Establishes measurement criteria to assess project effectiveness/success. Develops and monitors key performance indicators and benchmarks and performs benefits realization analysis
- Monitors, communicates, and reports project status against project plan, requirements, budget, and quality measures to project stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Maintains ongoing communication with customer/stakeholder/sponsor during the project to ensure that they are up to date on project progress
- Participates in Change Control activities
- Creates strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Facilitates creation of project documentation.
- Conducts project closing activities (e.g., creates closeout plan and report, arranges for post implementation review, defines transition to operational stage process)
- Have a background managing business-facing projects (5+ years)
- Proven management, communication, and analysis skills
- Demonstrated Proficiency in MS Project, MS Office and other project management tools
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university in business , Engineering, Technology, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in managing medium/large-scale business and IT projects
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Familiarity with a variety of software development methodologies such as agile, waterfall, etc., and a strong understanding of the suitability of these methodologies for certain development environments and types of applications
- PMP ( Project Management Professional) Certification or equivalent preferred
- PRODUCTIVITY: Manages a fair workload, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, handles fluctuating demand with ease, volunteers for additional work. Team-oriented attitude and the proven ability to collaborate at all levels of an organization.
- SENSE OF URGENCY: Prioritizes well, shows energy, assesses the criticality of the situation, and reacts appropriately, meets deadlines.
- DEPENDABILITY: Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements.