Opportunity for Impact:
Seeking an experienced Enterprise Systems leader to build a team from the ground up, that will own enterprise business systems and processes. This leader will play an important role in shaping the long-term business systems support model, driving implementation of new tools and processes, aligning solutions with enterprise strategy, and becoming a strategic partner for organizational leaders. A successful individual will excel in a fast-paced environment and will be motivated by having a direct impact on the company growth and strategy.
We currently havea vast ecosystem of business applications and third-party services. This includes a combination of legacy solutions and modern SaaS solutions that support the company and its business units. Core applications include Microsoft Dynamics GP and SalesPad which integrate with a number of custom applications, an e-commerce platform and third-party services to provide payment processing, shipping and other services. This role will be critical in moving from a current state monolithic approach to an ecosystem of microservices
Business Systems and Process capability building
- Become knowledgeable in company's business systems and processes across the domains and adjacent digital products (capabilities)
- Architect a support model that will manage business systems across allbrands and business units allowing for centralized management of the systems and processes with de-centralized execution.
- Build a business systems team that can own third-party software solutions, services, and relationships to manage, maintain, upgrade and deploy enterprise business applications and processes
- Develop the structure of the team
- Lead recruitment of team members
- Training and development of team members
- Drive business process improvements and streamline business operations including identification of areas for automation and removal of manual processes.
Strategic direction and customer focus
- Pair understanding of business with business systems and process expertise to provide strategic roadmaps for core value chains and domains;
- Align business systems with organizational vision and strategy ensuring that systems are enabling the business to scale.
- Create comprehensive strategy to align business objectives with system performance through the use of KPIs, metrics, and data analysis.
Structure and KPIs
- Own reporting, status updates and metrics and provide regular reporting to the senior leadership team and key stakeholders.
- Prioritize near-term process improvements and long-term strategic initiatives to balance investments into current state.
- Ensure business systems are properly documented, inclusive of stakeholders and integration points, as changes are introduced.
- Ensure that business systems and processes are compliant with regulatory standards, industry standards, and accepted best practices.
- Provide leadership and oversee the Business Systems and Processes team.
- Establish operational objectives and a instill culture of ownership and accountability.
Work with a variety of partners to understand their goals, and needs and communicate complex work and business needs to team members
This is a Good Fit if you Have:
- A strong, strategic vision for enterprise business systems and processes that enable the business to grow and scale.
- A strong understanding of business capabilities to include ERP systems, third party services such as payment processing, and a strong pulse on how to effectively leverage SaaS solutions across a distributed enterprise.
- Experience managing and building distributed teams across different levels.
- A track record of developing and mentoring great talent, leaders, and leaders of leaders, building and motivating high-achieving teams.
- The ability to communicate well with individuals, teams, partners, across the entire organization.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills to independently determine priorities, identify and resolve highly complex problems having institution wide impact.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in analyzing data along with the ability to summarize and communicate results and recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with focus and with the company's strategic goals in mind.
Personal Characteristics that You Bring
- A natural leader and engaged team player with strong interpersonal capabilities.
- Belief that customer experience is integral to business success.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the drive, ownership, and a belief that a team of diverse perspectives drives innovation and success.
- Comfortable with openly and honestly sharing a viewpoint.
- Intellectually Agile able to think deeply and qualitatively about business problems, breaking down issues and presenting solutions.
- Entrepreneurial brings a high level of self-directed energy, and an unrelenting drive to succeed and win.
- A Leader unparalleled work ethic; able to coach and mentor those around her/him to be successful rather than a leader who closes deals.
- Analytical process-driven, systematic thinker; capable of thoughtfully implementing systems, processes, KPIs, and metrics to enable growth and scale.