Summary of the PositionWe are currently seeking an Application Developer to support and enhance the OSD Applications. This is a hands-on development position, requiring experience across the full development cycle from feasibility to post implementation support. This position reports to the Director of Application Systems for the Operational Services Division and works closely with the ANF: OSD technical team.
This position requires that the candidate be a skilled ASP.NET, C#, XML, SQL Server, SSIS and SSRS developer and able to design, develop, and support applications. In addition, the candidate will be involved in dashboard and reports development by using PowerBI, QlikSense and SSRS. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong technical knowledge and be very analytical.
- Application Developer on this project will work as part of technical team and be involved in the Application design, development, build, unit testing, and deployment by using ASP.NET, C#, MVC, SQL Server, jQuery and web services.
- Application developer will develop analytics and interactive dashboards and reports by using PowerBI, QlikeSense and SSRS.
- Thoroughly test all code to ensure that programs are functioning correctly.
- Responsible for developing and testing stored procedures, user defined functions, triggers, and other objects that assist in the implementation of business rules/logic.
- Design and develop relational database models/schemas.
- Query performance tuning and write ad-hoc queries.
- Create IT documents for knowledge base, user guides, and other various communications systems
- Follow established business, technical and project policies and guidelines aligned with HRD, ANF and EOTSS principles and standards to include the following: use of best practices, meeting management, project plans, status reports and dashboards, risk and issue tracking, change requests and resource management.
- Collect data and report on technical metrics to be used to determine success factors using established project tools and processes during development and support.
QualificationsEducation, Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 7 years' experience with ASP.NET, C#, MVC, Web API and SQL server.
- 5 + years' experience in SSIS.
- 3 + years' experience working as a database developer using Microsoft SQL SSRS and PowerBI
- Extensive experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016/2019.
- Experience in Web Services (SOAP or REST).
- Experience with continuous integration, deployments and troubleshooting.
- Experience with advanced query design, stored procedures, views and functions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with technical and business resources at many levels in a manner that supports progress and success.
- Ability to understand, appreciate and adapt to new business cultures and ways of working.
- Demonstrates initiative and works independently with minimal supervision.