Overall Position Summary and Objectives The purpose of this position is to provide advisory services and staff support to the Director, Division of Neuroscience at the NIA and its senior managers on a full range of issues relating to administrative management and operational support of the division. The task will include providing advice, recommendations and options for the appropriate alignment of people, functions and structure; providing assistance in the development of budgets and funding lists to best meet the recommendations from the NAPA and the AD Summit milestones; providing facilitation and training as needed; and providing special initiatives at the discretion of division leaders.
Certifications & Licenses
- Ph.D. in related discipline
- Minimum of three (3) years of senior executive experience as a Program Officer with responsibility for the full range of administrative responsibilities related to NIH and NIA Grants and Contracts administration at the program level, supervision of other scientists and budget planning.
- Grants and contract mechanisms
- Peer review process for grants
- Literature and database searches
- Microsoft office
- Molecular Biology
- The contractor shall provide documentation evidence of any and/or all work products, including, but not limited to, the following tasks: • Work products and documents related to providing advisory services and staff support on a full range of issues relating to administrative management and operational support of the Division of Neuroscience, NIA. • Work products and documents related to providing recommendations and options for appropriate alignment of people, functions, budget and structure. • Work products and documents related to providing assistance in the development of budgets and funding lists for awards made by the Division of Neuroscience and tracking the recommendations from NIA and NAPA planning efforts • Work products and documents related to providing facilitation and training and to the performance of special initiatives at the discretion of NIA division staff. - Quarterly
Provides executive experience needed to conduct needs assessments and develop recommendations for improvements of current operations.
Collaborates with other professionals to develop recommendations for current and future initiatives.