Certifications & Licenses
- Ph.D. in Physiology or a related discipline
- Experience with designing protocols for calcium speak tracking
- A strong publication record in the field of nan-scale signaling in pace maker heart cells and greater than 10 years of experience in research on nan-scale Ca2+ imaging
- Experience developing statistical analysis programs in R language
- Experience using state-of-the-art super resolution microscopy systems
- Voltage clamp analysis programs
- Custom software developed by contractor
- MS Office Suite
- Image processing (e.g. ImageJ)
- MS Project
- MS Access
- R-language statistics programs
- Develop protocols and software to study nanoscale calcium systems using new PALM/STORM single-photon microscopy -
- Meet with lab members to present updates -
- Work products relating to the development and implementation of novel quantitative nano scale imaging software. -
- Work products and documents related to developing research protocols on single cell electrophysiology and calcium handling; record action potentials and currents from sinoatrial node (heart) cells; perform and analyze nanoscale intracellular calcium imaging using confocal fluorescence microscopy to study sparks and intracellular calcium imaging. -
- Work products and documents related to maintaining research tracking system and database; maintain records of daily experiments and results; collect dats, perform statistical analysis and prepare data/results for presentation and/or publication; write and edit scientific papers. -
- Work products and documents related to operating and performing routine maintenance on laboratory instruments and equipment; stock supplies; obtain quotes and prepare purchase requests. -
- Implement and develop procedures to operate new single photon super-resolution microscope to resolve single molecules. -
- Work products and documents related to the development and testing novel image analysis software. Presentations and publications regarding propagation of calcium sparks between release sites.
- Work products and documents related to the development and testing sonification software, leading to publications about heart best dynamics.
- Work products and documentation related to new applications for the presentation and teaching using the R language and train staff on the use of these methods.
- Work products related to the intersectional data; perform experiments, statistical analysis, visualization, sonification, graphing leading to publications.
- Develop new applications for presentation and teaching.
Supports the planning and execution of research experiments in the context of the laboratory's overall research program.
- Design and conduct experiments and studies requiring the application of a broad professional knowledge of scientific theories and principles.
- Develop and design novel analytical imaging software to quantify and visualize sparks propagation between neighboring release units measured by confocal microscopy
- Develop and design novel sonification software that will transform heart beating rate data, measured during ECG recording or experiments using patch clamp technique or confocal imaging, into music.
- Apply programing on experimental data to create movies.
- Apply R programming language for statistical computing, graphing or experimental data.
- Develop and design novel imaging software and implement it on experimental data to quantify Nano-scale local Ca2+ releases measures via confocal pacemaker cell image collected by this expert.
- Independently develop research protocols on single cell electrophysiology and calcium.
- Independently design and use the latest cutting-edge approaches and novel methods to record action potentials and currents form sino-atrial (heart) cells using whole-cell or perforated and single channel patch clamp techniques.
- Identify and recommend resolutions of complex, difficult enigmatic road blocks to progress and their accompanying experiments.description
- Devise protocols and software to study nanoscale calcium signaling using new ultra-resolution PALM/STORM microscopy system.
- Devise novel cellular permeabilization techniques to measure calcium handling of intracellular organelles.
- Isolate sino-atrial node cells from mouse, genetically modified mouse and embryonicstem cells - an extremely difficult technique.
- Apply a wide range of novel, cutting edge approaches, i.e. methods, techniques and solutions to new situations.Maintain an accurate research tracking system and database for research activities; keep accurate records of daily experiments and results including research documentation.