One of the country's premier private schools for grades 9-12 located in the Princeton, NJ area with students coming all over the is looking for School Nurse RNs.
We have an evening shift 3:00pm-12:00am for Sundays.
The School Nurse RN is responsible for providing patient care based on standards of professional nursing practice including assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Provides inpatient, outpatient, and emergent care:
- Collect and document health status data through means of an interview, physical assessment, observation, and record review.
- Assess of psychosocial, emotional, cultural, environmental, and behavioral factors when indicated.
- Implement nursing intervention-based Patient Care Guidelines established by the Medical Director.
- Instruct and/or teach patients about their health issues and treatment plan.
- Evaluate patient response to treatment plan.
- Initiate physician or nurse practitioner referrals as needed.
- Administer care as ordered by the Infirmary physician, nurse practitioner, physician assistant or the patient's primary care Physician.
- Document all nursing intervention and communications relative to patient care in the electronic medical record.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and departmental information.
- Assume responsibility for ongoing maintenance of an overall safe, hospitable, and therapeutic environment.
- Participate in departmental task requirements.
- Assist with orientation of staff members as outlined by the Medical Director or the Director of Nursing.
- Attend staff meeting and supporting and promoting quality assurance activities.
- Certification from an accredited school of nursing.
- Two years of clinical nursing experience, preferably hospital based with emphasis in pediatric/adolescent care, family practice, urgent care preferred.
- Valid State of New Jersey Registered Nurse license
- CPR certification
- AED certification
- Knowledge of universal precautions and infection control technique