Job Summary: - Registered Nurse
As part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver patient-centered nursing and rehabilitation services to patients. Support the Unit Manager to maintain excellent clinical standards and patient experience. Provides the highest level of service to all patient's, families, and visitors to ensure satisfaction. Responsible for ensuring all assigned residents receive all medications, treatments, and nursing care as ordered. Completes all required documentation as per state/federal guidelines.
Essential Generic Job Functions:
- Supervises and makes assignment of nursing personnel on the unit.
- Establishes the nursing care plan, utilizing nursing diagnosis for patients in cooperation with the supervisor and nursing personnel on the unit.
- Implements plans of care for residents.
- Consistently, accurately, and independently prioritizes and completes routine assignments within guidelines and schedules.
- Recognizes psychosocial needs, their possible effects on behavior on intervenes to provide emotional support.
- Maintains accurate informative records on all patients in the unit.
- Identify and report all real or potential problems regarding the development or administration of patient care.
- Maintains adequate inventory of medications, equipment, and supplies on the unit. Z
- Records, reports, and interprets patient responses to treatment and care to appropriate members of the inter-disciplinary team.
- Identify and assess any changes in patient conditions/needs and report to Charge nurse.
- Demonstrate team approach to problem solving through frequent communication and collaboration on complex issues to provide appropriate care.
- Maintains all equipment as per facility policy and uses equipment consistent with equipment specifications.
- Participates and represents Harborage and Nursing staff on committees, as requested by supervisors.
- Identifies patient needs and treatment opportunities, providing services to meet those needs on an on-going basis.
- Maintains professional competence and keeps current with Occupational Health and nursing trends through participation in continuing education, in-service programs, professional staff sessions and training of nursing personnel.
- Fosters good relationships and communications with all Team Members, patients, family/significant others and visitors.
- Assists with new Team Member orientation and provide key experiences to prepare Team Member for independent performance of essential job functions.
- Problems are reported to Manager promptly.
- Min 6 months prior experience working as an LPN in a LTC (subacute) facility.
- BLS - AHA required.
- Current with all Continuing Education (CE) requirements Perform clinical care professionally.
- Serves as patient advocate and role model to other Team Members.
- Deliver patient care with minimal disruptions and obstacles.
- Ability to effectively work on a multidisciplinary team.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Offic.
- Long-term care facility experience.
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
- Must complete an online competency exam (provided by manager) prior to start (test basic math, computer and situational skills).
Possible Compliance Requirements:
Current Health Statement
2 Step PPD / QuantiFERON
COVID 19 Vaccination
New York State Licensure
**The above list is just to prepare candidates for the possibility for credentials that may or may not be required. If you have any of these documents available, you will want to get them around for fast track onboarding. We ask you do not start to make appointments to obtain the above, until you have been officially offered and have accepted a position. From there a member of our team will work with you on the exact requirements needed for your assignment. **
Contract Start Date: ASAP