|Job Description:|| JOB SUMMARY |
Ability to review health status questions and make evaluations and determinations based on UAS criteria for enrollment; ability to work with technology in the workplace;knowledge of the theory, principles, and practices of general professional nursing; knowledge of state and agency laws and regulations governing general professional nursing practices; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate and work effectively with multi-generational consumers; ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the concerns of others; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and a strong ability to work independently.
1. Perform initial in-home pre-evaluation of patients that includes evaluation of health status, strengths, care needs, and preferences and guides the development of individualized long term care service plans
2. Review consumer medical documentation and or health referral forms, as relevant to the case
3. Enter evaluation data into electronic evaluation form and transmit, as required
4. Document any concerns, conflicting information, other issues that surface during the evaluation process
5. Emphasize continuity of care, thus reducing or eliminating fragmentation, duplication, and gaps in treatment plan
6. Discuss with consumer on health care options, supports needed, service vendor options and waiver options
7. Initiate communication between the Call Center and eligible consumers for enrollment into a managed care health plan
8. Enhance communication and collaborative relationships with interdisciplinary care team members to improve care coordination and facilitate service delivery
9. Collect quality review data and any required documentation to support outcome measurements and record case notes into CRM
10. Identify opportunities for health promotion and illness prevention
11. Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of community resources, payor requirements, and network services for target population
12. Meets all standards established for this position as outlined in the corresponding annual performance criteria and bonus template for this position.
13. Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Regional Nurse Manager or other project management.
General CommentsRequired Licensure
Current RN Licensure in New York State
2+ years RN experience without UAS or 1year of RN experience with UAS in home care
3+ years of human services experience working with the public
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:|
Back to Job Search
- Sector: Healthcare
- Start Date: 2021-09-29
- Job Ref: 21-21211