Registered Nurse - Med Surge
You will provide care and treatment to ill, injured, and recovering adults. The medical-surgical nurse must be able to assess patient condition, administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs, keep records, provide patients with support and education, and have experience with IV Insertion and Phlebotomy Conscious Sedation. This position is for a PEDS/Adult-Med/Surg unit and is available immediately.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Educates patients on surgical procedures.
- Records patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets and records electronic displays.
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs.
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Other duties as may be assigned, as this is a brief review and is not limited to the above.
ACLS certified applicants preferred, not mandatory.
PALS certification is mandatory.
1 Year Current Experience