Registered Nurse Operating Room
You will provide care and treatment to ill, injured, and recovering adults.
Developing and implementing nursing care plans for surgical patients. Preparing patients for surgery by cleaning and disinfecting areas to be operated on. Assisting surgeons during surgical procedures. Applying sterile techniques in handling medical instruments and equipment pre-, during, and post-surgery.
Below are some of the job duties the operating room nurse will be responsible for, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates use of supplies, instrumentation, and equipment for operative care.
- Ensures equipment is functioning correctly.
- Maintains patient safety standards.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient's condition and needs with the interdisciplinary team.
- Manages overall care of the patient before, during and after the surgical procedure.
- Advocates on behalf of the patient.
- Documents preoperative and intraoperative care to be delivered in accordance with the surgeon, hospital, and regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates, remediates and documents the surgical environment for aseptic merit.
- Provides patient care with an understanding of age, culture-specific needs.
- Addresses the biological, emotional, developmental, psychosocial, and educational status of the patient and his or her family and seeks to address concerns.
- Coordinates professional development within their practice.
- Performs core job functions with minimal supervision.
Registered Nurse in New York State
2 years' Operating Room experience, with scrub and circulating.
Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN)
American Heart Association BLS, ACLS & PALS
Phlebotomy Conscious Sedation Certification - Preferred
IV Insertion/IV Certification
Current Health Statement
2 Step PPD / QuantiFERON
COVID 19 Vaccination
New York State Licensure
Shift Hours Between: 730am to 4pm
Hours Per Day: 8.00 Hours
Hours Per Week: 40.00
Days Per Week: 5.00