Registered Nurse - Med Surge
You will provide care and treatment to ill, injured, and recovering adults. The medical-surgical nurse must be able to assess patient condition, administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs, keep records, provide patients with support and education, and have experience with IV Insertion and Phlebotomy Conscious Sedation.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Educates patients on surgical procedures.
- Records patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets and records electronic displays.
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs.
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Other duties as may be assigned, as this is a brief review and is not limited to the above.
Minimum Degree Required: Associate's Degree (Community College, MBO)
Registered Nurse in New York State
2 years Current Med Surge experience.
American Heart Association BLS
TCAR for Surgery
Phlebotomy Conscious Sedation Certification - Preferred
IV Insertion Preferred.
Current Health Statement
2 Step PPD / QuantiFERON
COVID 19 Vaccination
New York State Licensure
**The above list is just to prepare candidates for the possibility for credentials that may or may not be required. If you have any of these documents available, you will want to get them around for fast track onboarding. We ask you do not start to make appointments to obtain the above, until you have been officially offered and have accepted a position. From there a member of our team will work with you on the exact requirements needed for your assignment. **
Shift: 1130pm to 730am
Hours Per Day: 8.00 Hours
Hours Per Week: 40.00
Days Per Week: 5.00
Contract Start Date: ASAP