Registered Nurse – Emergency Room
You will provide care and treatment to ill, injured, and recovering adults.
Below are some of the job duties the emergency room nurse will be responsible for, but are not limited to the following:
- Triage/assess patient conditions and level of injury or illness.
- Immediately stabilize incoming patients.
- Administer medications as instructed by Physicians.
- Start Intravenous lines.
- Set broke bones, under physicians watch.
- Perform tracheotomies and incubations.
- Give patients stitches and sutures.
- Create and maintain incoming patient records.
- Work with a team of emergency staff to help patients.
- Assist with transferring stable patients to other floors.
- Change dressings/monitor vital signs.
- Provide patients with support and education.
- Has experience with IV Insertion and Phlebotomy Conscious Sedation.
Minimum – Associates Degree
Registered Nurse in New York State
2 years Emergency Room experience.
American Heart Association – BLS, ACLS & PALS
Phlebotomy Conscious Sedation Certification - Preferred
Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) – preferred but are required for Bellevue and Kings County.
Current Health Statement
2 Step PPD / QuantiFERON
COVID 19 Vaccination
New York State Licensure
BLS – AHA
Shift Hours Between: 8am to 830pm
Hours Per Day: 12.00 Hours
Hours Per Week: 36.00
Days Per Week: 3.00