Registered Nurse - Med Surge
The Registered Nurse will need to FLOAT to multiple locations within Endocrinology & Rheumatology offices: Clark, Berkeley Heights, New Providence, Morristown, Florham Park, Livingston, West Orange, Montclair, Teaneck, Fairlawn, Clifton. Her assigned location will change based on coverage needs and could even include a moving to another location during a shift for urgent matters. The hours are 8:30-5:00pm Mon-Friday. Assignments are posted via text message the day of between 7:00am and 7:30am. The RN will assist the physician and staff with the daily coordination of patient care and physician access. Function as the liaison between patients, staff, and physicians. Maintains efficient patient flow. Delivers direct patient care within the scope of licensure and in accordance with Summit Health policy.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Educates patients on surgical procedures.
- Records patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets and records electronic displays.
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs.
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Other duties as may be assigned, as this is a brief review and is not limited to the above.
Registered Nurse in Wisconsin
2 years of experience in Med Surge, prefers doctor's office experience. Must be current experience.
Contract: 6/21 or 6/27 to 9/9/2022, with possible extension opportunity.
Schedule: Monday to Friday (No Weekend) – 830am to 5pm.