We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join the team at a comprehensive health center serving clients in East Harlem and the South Bronx.
The RN will be the team lead responsible for ensuring that the care management plans are followed for their patients, ensuring all members are working within the appropriate scope and providing the highest level of quality care. This position will be supervised by the Director of Nursing.
The ideal candidate will be able to float between all departments when needed which includes family, adult, pediatrics, geriatrics, women's health, and mental health & substance abuse.
- Triage patients (phone/walk-in) and provide medical care in collaboration with physicians in line with training and experience to patients at center facilities.
- Administer vaccines, medications, and plant PPDs as requested by physician staff.
- Provide minor wound care and health education as needed.
- Take vitals and perform venipunctures as needed to prepare patients for medical visits.
- Maintain TB, communicable disease logs to ensure follow-up care and necessary reporting.
- Report communicable diseases and new cases of HIV to DOH as necessary.
- Coordinate continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations such as hospitals, rehabilitation facilities and VNS in collaboration with physician staff.
- Consult with collaborating physicians and treatment teams on cases when needed in a timely period.
- Participate in Patient-Centered Medical Home team meetings and quality improvement initiatives.
- Provide assistance at Medical Dispensing Window (Methadone).
- Initiate plan of care and update when necessary and complete before patient discharge.
- Respond to referrals within 24 hours by phone/ emails, with the appropriate team.
- Be actively involved in the discharge planning with inpatient treatment teams.
- Provide health education to patients.
- Participate in other assignments as required by the Medical Director or Nursing Director.
- BSN (Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse, RN) in New York.
- 3 years of direct patient care experience as an RN preferred.
- Experience working with substance abuse and mental health a plus
Excellent benefits which include:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Continuing Education Days
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Medical Plan
- And More!'