There are multiple positions available, with a wide range of shifts and schedules available.
Pay will vary based on experience, shift and location.
Contract lengths: 12 weeks.
Stipends for hotels/motels may be available depending on the locations as well. - Travel only.
The Registered Nurse performs nursing procedures and patient care tasks as assigned by the facility under the direction of the managing team, Director of Nurses and/or Physician. Specific duties are simliar to job duties of long-term care, however the services provided are for individuals that are not guilty by reason of insanity or mental defect. It is similar to a corrections facility, but the residents are not considered inmates. Most residents have behavioral or dementia problems and have been committed by civil or state.
A skilled nurse performs a variety of duties to care and comfort for patients requiring medical services. A skilled nurse must utilize specialized skills and judgment when delivering care to patients in a long term care setting. A skilled nurse implements and evaluates patient care while performing nursing procedures to treat and rehabilitate patients.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assuring that the safety and physical comfort of the patient are meet as well as the patient's emotional and spiritual needs.
- Performing nursing procedures for which his or her training has provided the necessary skills and judgment.
- Assisting with the rehabilitation of patients according to the care plan directed by the physician.
- Observing and recording all pertinent information and reporting to the appropriate supervisor and physician.
- Teaching patients, family members, and auxiliary nursing personnel proper health maintenance care.
- Wound care.
- Cardiac and post-op care.
- In-home infusion / IV.
- Indwelling catheter care.
- Medication management.
- Patient teaching.
- Tube feeds.
- Completes documentation as required and in accordance with the facilities' policy.
- Accurately report patient status to supervisor.
- Consistently practice standard precautions.
- Performs all duties promptly in a competent and caring manner.
- Maintain good communication among patients/residents and all healthcare personnel.
- Present a neat appearance and dress in compliance with the facilities' policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Participates in continuing education and learning experiences to enhance and maintain current knowledge and skills for continued competence.
- Perform all duties using proper body mechanics, follow facilities "No Lift " policy as appropriate.
- Ability to operate and handle many kinds of medical equipment.
- Frequently move/lift between 50-100 pounds, depending on assignment requirements.
- Stand for long periods with frequent squatting, twisting, bending, kneeling and reaching to prepare equipment, materials or objects in order to provide patient care or maintain the patient environment.
- Sensory requirements include speech for communication and vision, smell, touch and hearing to monitor patient status.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Consistent attendance is required to assure that the facilities' needs, and patient needs are met.
- Complies with all facilities' policies, procedures, and practices.
- Assists with transfers and ambulation.
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
Education: Bachelor's preferred.
Experience: One-year of full-time experience in the clinical area or specialty preferably Long-Term Care/Skilled Nursing Facility.
Licensed: Must be licensed in the state of Wisconsin.