There are multiple positions available, with a wide range of shifts and schedules available.
Pay will vary based on experience, shift and location.
Contract lengths 12 weeks.
Stipends for hotels/motels may be available depending on the locations as well. - Travel only.
Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse – Long-Term Care
You will provide care and treatment to ill, injured, and recovering adults. The medical-surgical nurse must be able to assess patient condition, administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs, keep records, provide patients with support and education, and have experience with IV Insertion and Phlebotomy Conscious Sedation.
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse.
- Educates patients on surgical procedures.
- Records patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets and records electronic displays.
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
- Provides bedside care for a wide variety of medical patients, including pre- and post-surgery patients.
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs.
- Changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs.
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Other duties as may be assigned, as this is a brief review and is not limited to the above.
Licensed Practical Nurse in Wisconsin
6 months to 1 year of current experience in a Long-Term Care or Med Surge setting.
American Heart Association BLS
Contract: 12 weeks
Shifts Available: 2pm to 1030pm or 10am to 10pm (With every other weekend and some holidays).
Contract Start Date: ASAP – But open to any reasonable start.