The Quality Assurance/Regulatory Manager (QARM) oversees the daily tasks and staff of the QA Lab and analytical support group to assure product conformance to specification, food safety, audits, Good Manufacturing Practices and all Regulatory matters. The QA department provides data to operations, sales, and product development. The QARM coordinates the analytical activities around production and raw material support providing direction to rectify product issues to all relevant departments. The QARM provides feedback regarding the strategic direction, resource requirements and functional status of the laboratory and Regulatory matters. The position is also responsible for representing quality on the AAK Foodservice senior leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
Accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety Modernization Act
- Ensure Laboratory staff provides accurate and timely results for produced materials, in-process materials, and raw materials.
- Ensure adequate scheduling of staff, and justify additional resource requirements.
- Maintain all Laboratory instrumentation and equipment calibration, scheduling equipment repairs and PM as necessary.
- Ensure Plant & Laboratory conformance to company safety and regulatory requirements. Includes GMPs, SOPs, and SSOPs. Approve, maintain and update technical documents and brochures (i.e. COA, SOPs, batch cards, specification sheets) with assistance from team.
- Troubleshoot quality issues; create troubleshooting guides; document SOP changes.
- Support Planning and Production departments in processing procedures, recommendations, and utilization of oil and products.
- Make any necessary adjustments to out-of-spec products.
- Help customers as required with technical questions, problems, and oil identification.
- Report Quality KPI, incidents and trends. Includes monthly self-audit, root cause analysis, cause maps, and implement corrective actions.
- Support Customer Innovation with ideas, analysis, and data.
- Support Sales by answering questions, matching competitor samples, suggesting products.
- Manage and review sample/ service requests and schedule appropriate staff resources.
- Compile and distribute reporting for incoming ship raw materials
- Manage pest control activities for the site.
- Analyze raw material data to help Inventory department make improvements to material storage, handling, and movement.
- Maintain Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Work with plant personnel along with regulatory and customer organizations to ensure all quality audits and assessment requirements are in place. This includes 3rd Party audits (such as BRC), customer audits and regulatory inspections.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or other physical science with a minimum 3-5 years laboratory experience, preferably in a food, drug or chemical laboratory. Must be familiar with RTE (Ready To Eat) food requirements. Computer literacy is a must. Should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point). Laboratory Information Management System experience is a plus. Travel is occasional. Superior verbal and written communication skills are required. Bilingual (Spanish/English) candidates and those with 3+ years supervisory experience are preferred.