We have a great part-time opportunity for a Psychiatrist to work with a technology-enabled behavioral health outpatient provider for those dealing with substance use, mental health, or trauma issues in West Orange, NJ.
These providers are transforming behavioral health care through an affordable and technology-enabled model for telehealth services and in-person care. One of their main programs are for active duty servicemembers, Veterans and First Responders and their families.
The ideal candidate with have experience treating clients with substance use disorders as well as general psychiatric disorders. You will work closely with the Chief Medical Officer and will also always have a clinician on staff for consultations.
The position will be a combination of telehealth and in-person treatment working on a part-time basis with a flexible schedule.
- Provide psychiatric care, including admission evaluations, follow-ups, and urgent and emergent consultations to individuals for general psychiatry as well as substance use disorder specifically.
- Provide consultation to non-prescribing mental health staff and medical staff about diagnosis, treatment and/or the need for psychiatric medication
- Participate in team meetings with the treatment staff.
- Regularly participates in the creation of individual treatment plans for patients, and reviews plans already in place
- Document all activities in the electronic medical record in a timely, concise and clear manner
- Provide clinical supervision as needed for psychiatric nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Engage in weekly clinical supervision with psychiatric leadership
- Provide clinical supervision for Psychiatric trainees (resident or fellow) as needed, including appropriate direct supervision and documentation of evaluation and feedback
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer
New Jersey State license to practice medicine, in good standing
Completion of a 4-year accredited Psychiatric Residency program
Board-certified or board eligible in Psychiatry by the ABPN
Medical Specialty: Addiction Medicine, Psychiatry
Education: Doctorate (Required)