We have a great part-time opportunity for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to work with a technology-enabled behavioral health outpatient provider for those dealing with substance use, mental health, or trauma issues in Westchester, NY.
These providers are transforming behavioral health care through an affordable and technology-enabled model for telehealth services and in-person care. One of their main programs are for active duty servicemembers, Veterans and First Responders and their families.
The ideal candidate with have experience treating clients with substance use disorders as well as general psychiatric disorders. You will work closely with the Psychiatrist, Chief Medical Officer, and clinical team for consultations. The position will be a combination of telehealth and in-person treatment working in a hybrid work model (virtual/in-office) with a flexible schedule.
- Provide psychiatric care, including admission evaluations, follow-ups, and urgent and emergent consultations to individuals for general psychiatry as well as substance use disorder specifically.
- Provide consultation to non-prescribing mental health staff and medical staff about diagnosis, treatment and/or the need for psychiatric medication
- Participate in team meetings with the treatment staff.
- Regularly participates in the creation of individual treatment plans for patients, and reviews plans already in place
- Document all activities in the electronic medical record in a timely, concise, and clear manner
- Must possess a valid Nurse Practitioner license in the requested state
- Must have a current Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Must possess a current DEA number