The Process Engineering Manager will lead a team of manufacturing and process engineers in the factory to drive operational efficiency and uptime of existing equipment in the factory. Will provide direction to the engineering team and work closely with suppliers and partners by delivering timely feedback to optimize product/process performance, quality and cost. In addition the Manager will lead the qualification and launch of new equipment equipment to the factory.
The tactical and strategic job responsibilities that align to the overall objective(s) for this position and what the employee will be evaluated against during a performance review.
The Process Engineering Manager is accountable for driving closure of technical issues that may impact uptime, capacity, quality and cost of the product by providing technical direction to team on assembly equipment and testers in the factory.
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. Factors to consider in determining if a function is essential include:
** whether the reason the position exists is to perform that function,
** the number of other employees available to perform the function or among whom the performance of the function can be distributed, and
** the degree of expertise or skill required to perform the function.
This information is particularly important for Human Resources and Safety to evaluate when there are personal or work related injuries that may result in requests for light duty work or other accommodations.
- Monitor production target per machine and ensure plans are in place to meet demand, yields and quality
- Review all equipment requirement plans, along with assessment of the robustness of solution to meet operation requirement and implementation of any additional solutions to mitigate any risks to plans
- Develop and optimize process designs and product designs for manufacturability
- Develop Process Instruction Documents (PIDs), specification documents, process design package, and control systems functional design for projects
- Resolving process/product safety issues
- Trouble-shooting technical process/product problems, that may impact product qualification per plan
- Take action to assure confidentiality of Company's proprietary equipment, materials, and processes.
- Successfully sample, debug, and qualify new complex production tools
- Establish a controlled scientific process and provide written specifications to manufacturing ensuring that product meets company'scriteria
- Assists in product design, material selections, and tooling reviews
- Participate in Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) reviews
- Perform Design of Experiment (DOE) as needed
- Assist manufacturing in troubleshooting processes out of specifications
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Statistical capability analysis skills requried
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
KSAs speak to 'how' the work gets done. What does the employee need to know and be able to do to perform this job?
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to solve complex operational problems in the factory
- Proactive problem solver. Ability to anticipate and head problems "off-at-the-pass
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities
- High attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals
- Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations
- Thrives in a fast pace environment, requiring to generate and manage plans to close issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make engineering judgment decisions
- Elicits cooperation and influences others to drive business strategies, goals and objectives
- Demonstrated hands on problem solving utilizing good engineering principles
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing & ABS as well as statistical analysis methods is ideal. Knowledge of statistical tools such as minitab or JMP
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in engineering is mandatory, MS in engineering or MBA is desirable
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering preferred, other engineering disciplines considered
- 5 years minimum managing a team of engineers in a factory environment
- Medium to high volume manufactured preferred
- Direct experience in manufacturing process design, review and buyoff
- 10-15 years experience developing product, qualifying equipment and/or testers