STATUS: Non- Exempt REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor or ManagerSHIFT/HOURS: M-F Weekends as Needed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Conduct daily pre-shift & post-shift vehicle inspection & report deficiencies to shop immediately. Also, report improper operation, faulty equipment, and unusual conditions to the Operations Supervisor/Manager.
- Operate flatbed truck or truck & trailer to and from pre-designated work sites based on daily routing information to deliver or pick-up portable restroom trailers, restroom units, hand sinks or holding tanks. Updates delivery manifest with relevant delivery or pick-up detail.
- Use a tablet for delivery information, routing and proof of delivery / pick up and maintain telephone or radio contact with dispatch to receive additional instructions, changes to work locations, etc.
- Following the Company's safety guidelines, properly secures portable restrooms & holding tanks to appropriate vehicle/equipment. Assist yard personnel, when necessary to load and unload portable restroom units, hand sinks or holding tanks.
- Perform basic repairs to equipment both in the yard and at customer locations to ensure the best function and condition of all equipment.
- Ensure that units are stocked with paper products, hand sanitizer, soap, etc. prior to leaving the yard. Works with yard personnel to stock units if anything is missing.
- Follow all established safety rules & regulations.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Special/other projects as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk, sometimes long distances. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally also stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will, on a daily basis, lift and/or move between 150 pounds and 300 pounds multiple times. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision & ability to focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions (in some cases extreme heat/cold), moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. This position requires employee to travel regularly to offsite work locations and as such use of vehicle will be provided.