- Direct oversight of dispatcher, service technicians, pick up & delivery drivers, yard personnel, fence crew(s) and shop. Review of all paperwork including manifests, routing tickets, DVIR's, etc. for completion and accuracy.
- Monitor all service levels and deliveries to ensure the best efficiencies. Recommend measures to improve operational practices and quality of customer care.
- Work directly with other departments to ensure excellent/positive communication within region. Work with various departments to resolve customer service & delivery issues. Work with Operations Managers at other branches to coordinate asset transfers.
- Maintain proper staffing levels to meet and exceed customer and branch needs.
- Analyze and report on operational activities, i.e., service levels, routing efficiency, labor & overtime, fuel, etc.
- Work with the Leadership team to develop and implement standard practices, efficiency recommendations, etc.
- Responsible for fleet DOT administration including, logbooks & record maintenance, etc.
- Review and approve time punches prior to submitting for payroll processing. Review and approve time off request forms and schedule time off based on operational necessity.
- Responsible for the administration of the company's safety program at the branch. Works with Safety & HR departments to safety coordinate training, where necessary.
- Responsible for employee development & conducting periodic performance reviews.
- Create and maintain a positive, safe and effective work environment.
- Drive/operate variety of company vehicles.
- Pull trailers with company vehicles.
- Special/other projects as assigned by management.
In order to be successful at this job, here are some SKILLS you should have:
- Customer Service
- Team Building
- Time Management
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Knowledge of proper cleaning & repair of those assets
- You are regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Associate degree (AA) from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 4-5 years related experience and/or training.
- Valid Driver License (Class C).
- Have experience with multi-stop routing system & dispatch procedures.
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office & routing/logistics software).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of financial statements.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Knowledge of all company assets in inventory.
What is in it for you?
We provide a competitive compensation package, with lucrative bonus opportunity, that lets you live life the way you intend.