Overall Position Summary and Objectives Under this task order, the contractor will independently provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through performance of support services.
Certifications & Licenses
- Certified Adminstrative Assistant
- Meeting coordination
- Travel planning
- Expense reconciliation, project management/planning, timekeeping, fellowship program management
- Meeting minutes/summary reports
- Data analysis
- MS Office
- Microsoft teams
- Miscellaneous Health Medical Professions
- Miscellaneous Biology
- General Business
- Upon request, the contractor shall provide documentation evidence of any and/or all work product, including, but not limited to, the following tasks: v Work products and documents related to organizing weekly cluster and other meetings and workshops and courses; coordinate all aspects of recruitment processes; coordinate New Hire Orientation for staff. v Work products and documents related to setting up and formatting spreadsheets to analyze information; coordinate the preparation of requests, memoranda, reports, forms, and mailings. - Daily
- Work products and documents related to developing, maintaining, and utilizing various administrative databases; compile data and create and maintain slides for presentation. v Work products and documents related to updating and maintaining calendars and shared calendars for staff; establish appointment priorities; coordinate meetings, workshops, and courses; schedule conference rooms and audio-visual requirements. v Work products and documents related to maintaining office records; provide timekeeping v Support; track, record, and direct manuscripts to reviewers; maintain file systems; note staff commitments; arrange for staff implementation. v Work products and documents related to summarizing and coordinating incoming materials; compose correspondence requiring understanding of technical matters - Daily
Provides support for various procurement and administrative tasks.
- Coordinate the preparation of a variety of items such as travel requests, professional service orders, requests for sponsored travel Form 348, outside activities Form 520, official duty memoranda, leave authorizations, training requests, individualmass mailings, correspondence, reports and various forms
- Provide administrative, procedural and informational resource support; work with staff to coordinate program workflow
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is prepared and that signatures, approvals, clearances are obtained for recruitmentappointment of professional, technical, and support staff, renewalextension of appointments, reassignments, pay increasesadjustments, separationtermination, etc
- Coordinate meeting planning and logistical arrangements, including room and audiovisual reservations, WebEx, and other remote connection arrangements; prepare and transmit agendas and relevant materials; contact and communicate with participants; prepare and distribute meeting minutes
- Produce a wide range of documents; address a variety of office needs which may include word processing, information management, report preparation, publications, information gathering, communication, etc
Acts as point of contact with management and administrative, budget and property management staff.
- Develop, maintain and utilize various administrative databases
- Coordinate and process equipment and office supply order requests; serve as the point of contact in the administration of all maintenance contracts for office equipment
- Organize, coordinate and administer the administrative components of the assigned servicing area; collaborate with program officials and administrative offices
- Serve as contact on personnel issues within the Office; advise staff on appropriate appointment mechanisms and recruitment tools as applicable to meet the requirements of specific situations
- Act as focal point and primary initial contact for matters concerning the Office; design and coordinate systems for communications among staff to facilitate the efficient flow of information relating to projects and program activities
Provides guidance to staff on Federal guidelines and procedures.
- Work as a liaison with other administrative groups to facilitate meeting organizational goals for a variety of high-level programs
- Provide information to program staff on policies and procedures for government travelers and invited guests
- Review documentation for compliance with policy and procedures; interpret instructions for adherence to format; collect data; provide summaries for analysis and interpretation
- Ensure proper implementation of federal personal property management, as defined by federal laws, regulations, and HHS and NIH Property Management Policies
- Serve as a resource for staff regarding established policy; keep abreast of new guidance and policies; disseminate information to staff and respond to requests for information regarding status of projects or actions
Develops, maintains and updates documentation, databases and spreadsheets for personnel, budget and travel actions.
- Maintain tracking systems; use records management system to ensure proper filing, accountability, storage and retrieval of files
- Assemble and summarize data, background information and other materials from source materials or automated systems
- Maintain databases for tracking, analyzing and reporting of all activities including professional activities, travel and project management
- Maintain contacts database; updatemaintain calendars and shared calendars for multiple staff members
- Develop, update, and maintain spreadsheets to analyze information, including personnel, budget, travel, and training; develop budget proposals; monitor expenditures; create summaries and report based on information; oversee administrative reference documents such as staff schedules, tours of duty, contact information, budget tracking, etc; upload, organize, and maintain information on SharePoint
Prepares inventory and purchase requests and assists with property management.
- Enter requests for office supplies using POTS
- Process and track order requests using government systems ie, POTS on behalf of branch staff
- Prepare and track requests and justifications for the purchase of materials, supplies and office equipment; follow up on purchase and procurement requests; review receiving documentation and reconcile all receiving problems; maintain records and spreadsheets of all requests
Coordinates with management on special projects.
- Review and update policy; fix broken links; address system issues; take suggestions from administrative staff regarding the layout of websites and the overall staff satisfaction with its content