Job Category: Purchasing - Procurement
Healthcare company is seeking a purchasing agent to monitor available supplies to ensure that patients and employees have access to the materials and products they need. The purchasing agent will maintain daily records of and manage shipments/invoices to see what products need to be replenished. The purchasing agent will track inventory by making lists and/or using inventory management software. Other responsibilities include supporting administrative tasks, as necessary.
- Responsible for purchasing orthotic and prosthetic components, and related raw materials for offices in New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts.
- Responsible for shipping and receiving at NYC facilities.
- Inventory Control - establish par levels with the procurement department and ensure each branch and laboratory has all necessary products and materials daily.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various departments to plan supply needs and ensure ordering compliance.
- Analyze industry and demand trends and support senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies.
- Traveling between sites to monitor inventory and schedules, and deliver supplies.
- Reviews purchase orders (POs) for backordered items to effectively communicate delays to the branch level and management.
- Maintain regular communication with staff to clarify purchase requests, relay tracking information, and any supplier delays associated.
- Assists management in acquiring the information needed for analyzing the performance and efficiency of the department.
- Posting A/P invoices daily.
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience in a purchasing role.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal - verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Windows-based and Google-based office technologies
- Experience using eprocurement or inventory management software.
- You will be entering order requisitions daily into the purchasing and inventory program.
- Some orders will be placed through P&I program, others via phone or email.
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment, fax machines, copiers, scanners.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with basic math and accounting skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.