We are looking to hire a Medical Director in Rochester, NY area for a rapidly growing national company that provides leading-edge healthcare solutions for chronically ill patients by delivering compassionate care to high-risk populations using sophisticated data analytics.
This position is covering Monroe County only.
The Medical Director will report to the Sr. Medical Director in their dedicated region. As a member of the clinical leadership team, he or she will play a primary role in the development of the clinical roadmap for the nation's leading in-home care provider for vulnerable seniors and adults.
This senior leader will work side-by-side with the VP Market Operations to identify, implement, and improve care solutions to achieve the Quadruple Aim in health care delivery in their local market. He or she will bring an unparalleled ability to act as a cross-functional leader internally, collaborating across the enterprise to accomplish goals.
This is a get into the weeds, build-it and make it better kind of job, requiring high energy, deep engagement, and a strong work ethic. This individual understands the necessity of offering differentiated treatment models for vulnerable populations across a broad chronic illness spectrum and will be able to effectively build will and implement innovative care solutions.
The Medical Director, as with our Complex Care Physician Team, must have a strong desire to continue delivering direct patient care while providing excellent leadership across critical functional areas. This role will spend at least 20% of their time dedicated to providing care to the most complex patients in our populations, both in person and virtually, and will include travel up to 20% of the time to support both clinical and administrative duties.
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition Team to recruit and hire the best clinician leaders and care team members, orienting them toward a value-based model of care that includes a strong focus on home-based care solutions that take into account behavioral health conditions and social determinants of health
- Build a successful market medical practice that carries an excellent reputation among communities of patients and the health care delivery ecosystem
- Devote the necessary time and energy to ensure the most effective partnership with their operational dyad leader (VP Market Operations) to meet the objective of exceeding customer expectations while in service to your market team
- Meet or exceed market-level quadruple aim targets, including Team Experience/Joy In Work; Patient Experience- Net Promotor Score; Better Care-admission, readmission, quality metrics; Lower Total Cost of Care- MLR, total cost of care reduction
- Support market budgeting and forecasting
- Provide direct supervision, coaching, and mentorship to a team of complex care physicians
- Data-driven clinical oversight of multidisciplinary teams in partnership with Complex Care Physicians and Clinical Service Managers
- Deliver timely healthcare services tailored to the needs of individual patients, and in compliance with our high-touch care delivery model
- Direct delivery of home- and community-based care (preventive, acute, chronic care management) on a consulting or continuing basis
- Communicate closely with other healthcare providers so that primary and specialty care is well coordinated, including the use of virtual consult platforms
- Ensure accurate and thorough clinical documentation for all patients
- Lead clinical education and quality improvement activities and meetings at the market level
- Other duties as assigned
We are searching for a special breed of health care professional who embodies the following qualities and characteristics: heart and commitment to serve vulnerable populations, passion and perseverance to achieve long-term goals (a.k.a. grit), team-based and social determinants of health orientation, and embrace change in a rapidly evolving health care delivery system. Flexible and dynamic, this self-starting individual will be a creative problem solver with a proven track record of successful implementation of innovate health care delivery solutions. They must possess excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task. Additional qualifications include-
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- Active medical license in the indicated State
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Medicine/Pediatrics, or Family Practice
- Additional board certification in Emergency Medicine, Gerontology, or Palliative Care is preferred
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers required for employment
- At least three years of post-residency clinical experience delivering care to complex patients preferred, including in the home and skilled nursing facility settings
- Recent or current experience as a hospitalist physician preferred
- Strong knowledge of best clinical practices as they relate to population health management, particularly in the urgent and post-acute care settings
- Must be skilled in delivering care across medical, behavioral, and social needs, particularly for patients living with mental illness and substance use disorders
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate both internally and externally with multi-disciplinary care team members
- Public health, business administration, or health administration studies preferred
- Medication-assisted treatment certification preferred (if not, expectation will be to become certified within first 120 days)
- Working knowledge of computers and ability to document effectively and efficiently in an electronic medical record system