The responsibilities of this position include:
- Loading bulk and packaged product.
- Receiving bulk and packaged product.
- Transferring chemicals and re packaging
- Labeling containers per Client, OSHA, and DOT specifications
- Staging of materials
- Completing other logistics support requirements as needed
- Familiarity with chemical material handling related to safety and industrial hygiene
- Maintain assigned inspection and or housekeeping responsibilities
- Ability and desire to work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to use site mobile equipment
- Knowledge of shipping procedures and DOT regulations for the shipping of hazardous materials a plus.
- Lifting and bending requiring physical exertion when handling materials, drums or equipment
- Ability to lift 50-60 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk in work environment majority of time
- Occasional use of respiratory protection including air purifying, air supplied and self-contained air supplied respirators.
- Use of personal protective equipment to perform hazardous materials duties related to spill response and clean up activities
- Ability to pass required Mobile Equipment Operator and respirator fit test physical exam
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Use of Mobile Equipment
- OHSA safety standards
- RCRA Training