The Maintenance Technician I will perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, repair, preventative maintenance, and installation tasks both on the facilities, physical plant equipment, as well as production equipment, and machinery. This position requires demonstration of competency for all activities that either directly or indirectly affect product safety and quality.
• Adhere to all company and OSHA safety rules, policies and regulations.
• Perform safety and environmental inspections, as required.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Perform assigned PM, PdM tasks, and repairs.
• Perform scheduled maintenance on all plant and production equipment.
• Quickly respond to and correct equipment mechanical and electrical issues.
• Understand and display safe work practices (LO/TO, Team LO/TO).
• Understand basic troubleshooting principles.
• Basic understanding and identification of gearboxes, motors, pulleys, gears, etc.
• Basic understanding and identification of belts, bearings, seals, etc.
• Basic understanding of compressed air systems.
• Perform basic painting, carpentry, sheetrock and flooring repairs.
• Understand basic heating, ventilation, and air conditioning principles.
• Perform meeting room set-up and teardown (A/V equipment operation, maintenance, repair).
• Perform facility lighting change-outs (interior, exterior).
• Basic knowledge of PLC and related controls.
• Perform equipment change-overs.
• Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and fire protection system functions.
• Basic use of power tools and hand tools.
• Basic use of machine shop equipment, lathe, mill, grinders, drill press, etc.
• Proficient in use of welding equipment – gas/MIG/TIG.
• Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical schematics and drawings.
• Must be willing to work in a team environment.
• Positive attitude, willingness, and desire to learn.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Mechanical skills
• Electrical skills
• Welding skills
• Carpentry skills
• 2-4 years of maintenance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Associate degree in Industrial Maintenance Technology/Mechatronics, and/or Associate degree in Electrical/Electronics
• Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or other regulatory experience
• 2 years of work experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment as a set-up/changeover technician
• Food manufacturing or packaging experience, and/or blending equipment, batching operation systems