Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate the glass tempering furnace or glass fabricating equipment oven to effectively temper, or fabricate different glass types
- Prep and load glass, inspect product, and correct and adjust settings and operational parameters as needed
- Change, create and save machine settings for thicknesses, temperatures, time, air, quench, balance, etc. as needed
- Work in a team environment to accomplish daily production goals Ensure all quality expectations are being met (scratches, bow, etc.)
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions and ensure high quality Notify a supervisor of any mechanical or material issues
- Able to work a flexible starting schedule and/or overtime
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely performing tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Read, understand, and communicate paperwork work and labels such as work orders and other production documents
- Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements, understand geometric shapes, and effectively use a tape measure and take measurements to 1/16 of an inch.
- Must have at least 1 year experience operating a computerized machine.
- Previous experience operating a furnace, automated glass cutting table, or CNC machine is highly desirable
- Previous shop floor or factory/warehouse experience in a glass manufacturing facility is a definite plus