- Inspect, repair, test, and optimize / tune Powder Packaging Equipment
- Install, Mechanically and Electrically new Powder Packaging Equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues and problems in order to repair Powder Packaging Equipment.
- Troubleshoot PLC, HMI, Vision Systems, Communication issues and problems in order to repair Powder Packaging Machinery.
- Write clear and thorough inspection reports and field service reports for internal and external use.
- Recommend available upgrades and optimizations on Powder Packaging Machinery.
- Install upgrades both mechanical, automation, and combination upgrades independently and/or in a team setting.
- Provide accurate estimates of labor times to complete service visits / rebuilds, and installations, commissioning, and training for new equipment and retrofits.
- Provide technical training to customers for proper operation, preventive maintenance, scheduled maintenance, and emergency / breakdown troubleshooting and service.
- Assist the CoC with development of new products and upgrades.
- Initiate recommendations for improved tools, procedures, etc for the service operations.
- Provide support to internal stakeholders with questions regarding parts requests, quoting, selling upgrades, etc.
- Travel within North America, USA and Canada majority of the time, but also ability to travel internationally for training and service interventions.
- Detail oriented.
- Valid driver's license.
- Travel up to 80%.
- Automated Packing Machinery and / or Automation / Controls Certificate or equivalent.
- 10+ years of hands on experience in a packaging equipment installation, service, repair, troubleshooting and Automation and Controls position.
Professional Knowledge and Experience
- Experience writing and modifying PLC code in Rockwell as well as creating and modifying HMI screens.
- Proficient with hand tools for the installation, maintenance, and repair of automated powder packaging equipment.
- Troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience wiring 3 phase motors, 120vac power / communication, and 24vdc communication.
- Experience with wiring and troubleshooting network communication such as Ethernet, Device Net, etc
Other Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in English both verbally and written.
- Strong automation and mechanical background required.
- Ability to read and understand instruction manuals, assembly drawings, PLC and HMI code, troubleshoot software, electrical, and mechanical problems.
- Self-starter / works with little direction or instruction.
- Ability to work in groups, and independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability read electrical and pneumatic schematics.