As part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver patient-centered nursing and rehabilitation services to patients. Provides the highest level of service to all patients, families, and visitors to ensure satisfaction. Responsible for ensuring all assigned residents receive all medications, treatments, and nursing care as ordered. Completes all required documentation as per state/federal guidelines.
Essential Generic Job Functions:
- Supervises CNAs on the unit, Follows the nursing care plan, utilizes nursing diagnosis for patients in cooperation with the supervisor and nursing personnel on the unit. Follows plan of care for residents.
- Consistently, accurately, and independently prioritizes and completes routine assignments within guidelines and schedules.
- Recognizes psychosocial needs, their possible effects on behavior on intervenes to provide emotional support.
- Maintains accurate informative records on all patients in the unit. Identify and report all real or potential problems regarding the development or administration of patient care.
- Records, reports, and interprets patient responses to treatment and care to appropriate members of the inter-disciplinary team.
- Identify any changes in patient conditions/needs and report to Supervisor.
- Demonstrate team approach to problem solving through frequent communication and collaboration on complex issues to provide appropriate care.
- Maintains all equipment as per facility policy and uses equipment consistent with equipment specifications.
- Identifies patient needs and treatment opportunities, providing services to meet those needs on an on-going basis.
- Maintains professional competence and keeps current with Occupational Health trends through participation in continuing education, in-service programs, professional staff sessions and training of nursing personnel.
- Fosters good relationships and communications with all Team Members, patients, family/significant others and visitors.
- Assists with new Team Member orientation and provide key experiences to prepare Team Member for independent performance of essential job functions.
- Problems are reported to Manager promptly.
- Must float as needed.
- Min 6 months prior experience working as an LPN in a LTC (subacute) facility.
- BLS - AHA required.
- IV certification highly preferred.
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
- Must complete an online competency exam (provided by manager) prior to start (test basic math, computer and situational skills).
Possible Compliance Requirements:
Current Health Statement
2 Step PPD / QuantiFERON
COVID 19 Vaccination
New York State Licensure
**The above list is just to prepare candidates for the possibility or credentials that may or may not be required. If you have any of these documents available, you will want to get them around for fast track onboarding.**
Contract Start Date: ASAP