One of the country's premier private schools for grades 9-12 located in the Princeton, NJ area with students coming all over the is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses
We have full-time and part-time hours for the overnight shift available from 12:00am-8:00am Monday through Sunday. The start time can be flexible which will be discussed.
The Licensed Practical Nurse will perform a combination of administrative and clinical tasks within the Health and Wellness Center. This person will work alongside other medical staff under the supervision of a physician.
- Helps patients by providing information, services, and assistance.
- Maintains medical supplies inventory and performing preventive maintenance to keep medical equipment operating.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patients, recording medical history, and confirming the purpose of the visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; and reporting patient history summary.
- Secures patient information and maintains patient confidence by completing and safeguarding medical records; completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding; and keeping patient information confidential.
- Counsel patients by transmitting physician's orders.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Serves and protects the center by adhering to professional standards; School policies and procedures; and federal, state, and local requirements.
- Assist office manager with secretarial work
- Assist students with medical needs
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- 1+ years in a medical office
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records), medical terminology
- Previous experience in a pediatric medical setting preferred. Ability to prioritize and effectively manage diverse tasks with interruptions
- Emotional maturity and stability to approach highly stressful human situations in a calm and rational manner
- Ability to clearly communicate information concerning a patient's condition
- Possess strong computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Possess knowledge of universal precautions and infection control techniques