Medical Staffing Services, INC. (MSSI) specializes in staffing clinical, non-clinical, and allied personnel. We excel in all levels, disciplines, and specialties within the healthcare spectrum. Our projects range from short to long term local and travel assignments. MSSI has been recognized as a certified small business enterprise. In addition, we are proud that we have earned the prestigious Joint Commission accreditation for staffing firms and have been awarded Best in Staffing 4 years running by our employees and client partners.
There are multiple positions available, on evenings and nights.
Pay will vary based on experience, shift and location.
Contract lengths 12 weeks.
Local and Travel contracts available, that are offering a crisis pay rate.
The Licensed Practical Nurse performs nursing procedures and patient care tasks as assigned by the facility under the direction of the managing team, Director of Nurses and/or Physician.
A skilled nurse performs a variety of duties to care and comfort for patients requiring medical services. A skilled nurse must utilize specialized skills and judgment when delivering care to patients in a long-term care setting. A skilled nurse implements and evaluates patient care while performing nursing procedures to treat and rehabilitate patients. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assuring that the safety and physical comfort of the patient are meet as well as the patient's emotional and spiritual needs.
- Performing nursing procedures for which his or her training has provided the necessary skills and judgment.
- Assisting with the rehabilitation of patients according to the care plan directed by the physician.
- Observing and recording all pertinent information and reporting to the appropriate supervisor and physician.
- Teaching patients, family members, and auxiliary nursing personnel proper health maintenance care.
- Wound care.
- Indwelling catheter care.
- Medication management.
- Patient teaching.
- Tube feeds.
- Completes documentation as required and in accordance with the facilities' policy.
- Accurately report patient status to supervisor.
- Consistently practice standard precautions.
- Performs all duties promptly in a competent and caring manner.
- Maintain good communication among patients/residents and all healthcare personnel.
- Present a neat appearance and dress in compliance with the facilities' policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Perform all duties using proper body mechanics, follow facilities "No Lift " policy as appropriate.
- Ability to operate and handle many kinds of medical equipment.
- Frequently move/lift between 50-100 pounds, depending on assignment requirements.
- Stand for long periods with frequent squatting, twisting, bending, kneeling and reaching to prepare equipment, materials or objects in order to provide patient care or maintain the patient environment.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination.
- Complies with all facilities' policies, procedures, and practices.
- Assists with transfers and ambulation.
Experience: 6 months to 1 year of experience required in the clinical area or specialty preferably Long-Term Care/Skilled Nursing Facility.
Licensed: Must be licensed in the state of Wisconsin.