We are currently seeking a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join the team at a comprehensive health center serving clients in East Harlem and the South Bronx.
We are looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse ( LPN) who has at least minimally three years of experience. The LPN will assist and enhance the provision of medical services at the Center by dispensing methadone, preparing patients for examination and coordinating follow-up of medical visits.
Any candidate that is hired is eligible for @ $1,000.00 sign on bonus!
- Prepare patients as necessary for physician visits by taking vital signs, performing vision and hearing screenings, EKGs and routine laboratory procedures including routine venipunctures and finger sticks.
- Dispense methadone to our clients at our medical dispensing station
- Assist patient flow and service coordination with Office Manager and Senior Medical Assistant.
- Provide patient education in both individual and group settings that includes but is not limited to: the importance of healthy eating and exercise, medication adherence, chronic disease management, smoking cessation, and safe sex practices. Print out all patient education materials and visit summaries to discuss and give to patients at the end of each patient encounter.
- Perform chart review for team meetings in preparation of adult and pediatric medical visits. Chart review includes immunization review and print out of pediatric CIR (Citywide Immunization Registry), follow-up of previous visits and monitoring of all preventive care measures. Consult with collaborating physicians in a timely manner as necessary.
- Assist patients with the scheduling of referral appointments when necessary. Monitor patient compliance with referral appointments and obtain consultation reports, imaging results or other diagnostic testing results for physician review.
- Administer immunizations, assist in suture removals and provide basic wound care using universal precautions.
- Collaborate with Medical Assistant staff to ensure clean, tidy and well-stocked patient care areas and lab.
- Assist with duties of other medical personnel as time permits and as instructed by the Nursing Director and/or Chief Medical Officer.
- Licensed to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York.
- 3 years of direct patient care experience as an LPN preferred.
- Experience working with substance abuse and mental health a plus
- Excellent benefits which include:
- Paid Holiys
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Paid Continuing Education Days
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Medical Plan
- And More!'
All mandated precautions have been put into place to ensure the safety of staff and clients from the possible transmission of COVID-19