Open to travel to 90% of the time - This is a road warrior position - Candidate will either fly or drive (company vehicle) to the site locations - All expenses are covered
Candidates with a passport to travel OCONUS heavily encouraged to apply.
- Technical Work
- Install, troubleshoot, and service: card access, CCTV, and burglar alarm systems.
- Run terminate and test copper cabling
- Mounting devices at end points of cables
- Strong knowledge of running and terminating fiber optic cable which can include fusion splicing, pig tails
- Experience testing fiber
- Ability to use Fluke's and OTDR's to test cables
- Perform basic AV installations (TV Mounts, Video Walls)
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics, and operational product manuals.
- Exhibit effective customer service skills by consistently communicating with staff and customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs when applicable.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- 5+ years of experience in low voltage with a specialization in security systems and cameras preferably Genetec and Axis.
- Genetec, Axis, and Lenel Certifications – Preferred.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Able to adhere to, implement, and always follow safety guidelines and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background, motor vehicle record search and drug test.
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Well versed in manufacturer products including Genetec and Axis
- Physical Requirement: Must be able to work on a ladder and/or scissor lift, work in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds, and move up to 75 pounds. Ability to work on your feet for entire shift.
- Tools: Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (multi-Bit), tape measure, snips, pliers (needle nose and channel locks), punch down tool, flashlight, work boots (steel toe or composite toe) gloves and tool pouch.