- Summary of Duties:
In this position, you will be based out of our East Windsor, NJ headquarters and will immediately be given the opportunity to contribute to and become an integral member of our crack team of multidisciplined automation professionals. You will be responsible for engineering, designing, programming, factory testing, installing, starting up, troubleshooting, commissioning, and validating PLC/SCADA based control systems for many of the world's most influential life science companies. In-town and overnight travel to client sites is to be expected. Your onboarding will take place at our headquarters in East Windsor, NJ. Continued training and team collaboration events throughout your career may take place at any of our offices world-wide.
Qualified candidates shall exhibit some or all of the following skills/qualities:
- Bachelor's Degree (minimum) in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering.
- 2+ years' experience working in a validated, cGMP, life science environment is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the programming of one or more of the following PLC platforms: Allen Bradley, Modicon , Client Fanuc, Siemens.
- Programming/configuration experience with one or more of the following SCADA applications: RSFactoryTalk, Wonderware, Ignition, iFix, Iconics.
- Delta-V experience, while not a requirement, would be a plus.
- OSI PI, Industrial SQL Server, or other data historian application experience preferred.
- Experience in programming/configuring industrial reporting applications such as Dream Reports or XLReporter is a plus.
- Hands-on experience configuring, starting up, commissioning, and troubleshooting instrumentation, actuators, VFDs, and other field devices is a must.
- Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude that enables the understanding of the underlying operation of the machinery which our systems control and interface with is required.
- A working knowledge of general networking principles and information technology components such as switches, firewalls, servers, and workstations as they relate to industrial automation systems.
- An awareness of general cyber-security principles and their application in a validated environment.
- Experience designing and working in control panels, MCCs, switchgear, and other types of electrical panels.
- Familiarity interfacing to third party equipment via one or more of the following protocols: Ethernet I/P, Modbus, BACNET, Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus, LON.
- Working knowledge of the ISA's Good Automated Manufacturing Practices (GAMP 5) guidelines and/or other risk-based approach(es) to deploying automation systems in a validated environment.
- Batching experience and familiarization with the ISA S88 batching standard is a plus.
- Enterprise system interface experience and familiarization with the ISA S95 standard is also a plus.
- Candidate must be capable of reading and understanding P&IDs, process flow diagrams, instrumentation specifications, schematics, flow charts, software design specifications, and other industry related design documents.
- Experience generating, reviewing, and executing test plans and validation/qualification protocols.
- A demonstrated familiarity with the concept of traceability as it relates to validated systems implemented in the Life Sciences domain.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team is a must.
- Must be able to lead design discussions and make informed decisions on the fly.
- Will be required to coordinate with project managers and other engineers regarding resource management, project schedules, task statuses, and other technical design considerations.
- Excellent customer service skills are an absolute requirement of the position. Must be comfortable interfacing with customers during technical and commercial discussions.
Back to Job Search
- Sector: Engineering
- Contact: Michael Menzer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: (732) 353-4231
- Start Date: 2021-06-21
- Job Ref: 21-09950