Position: Laboratory Technician
General: Company is implementing a large-scale phase 3 COVID-19 Vaccine trial beginning in late September 2020. A variety of temporary staff positions are needed in order to conduct this pivotal trial. Positions will vary in length from 4 months to approximately 27 months, and may be either full or part time. Positions will be based out of either New Brunswick or Piscataway.
- Process blood & nasal swab samples (i.e. spin, aliquot) in accordance with the protocol laboratory manual
- Freeze samples in preparation for shipment to the central laboratory
- Maintain inventory of laboratory kits; anticipate laboratory kit and shipping carton needs by consulting with the research team on the participant schedule; order additional laboratory kits and shipping cartons as needed.
- Prepare shipping manifests for shipment of samples to central laboratory
- Package and ship samples to the central laboratory in accordance with IATA regulations
- Maintain inventory of Dry Ice and shipping supplies; order additional supplies as needed
- Perform urine pregnancy point of care tests as needed
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in a science related field preferred; experience may substitute for academic qualifications. IATA certification and training in laboratory health and safety required.