ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide medical care in line with medical training to patients at the Center.
Responsible for comprehensive recording of work-up activities, diagnostic findings, medical plans, and treatment follow up.
Order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests as needed.
Participate in multidisciplinary case reviews and family treatment in conjunction with other Center staff to formulate comprehensive treatment and rehabilitative plans.
Participate in the development and implementation of new services, trainings and quality improvement projects, which may include data gathering, reporting and analysis.
Oversee the work of medical students, medical assistants and nursing personnel during the provision of medical care.
Provide weekend and evening coverage by phone as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Computer literacy and EHR experience required
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- Experience working in a community health clinic or practice preferred
- Valid New York State Medical License, DEA, and BLS certification
- Experience in Addiction Medicine preferred