Healthcare Administrators play a key role in the patient experience. Administrators are the first people our patients interact with and have an important role in assessing patient healthcare needs. We are looking for an energetic self-motivated person with high attention to detail and strong computer skills. Medical background with Orthopedic, Orthotic and Prosthetic practice experience desired. Bilingual a plus but not necessary. Medical benefits are offered as well as paid vacation time.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Manage office workflow, authorizations, clinician schedule and other branch-related operations.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to patients, fellow employees and referral sources.
- Assist in answering phones, greeting patients, data entry and patient intake.
- Obtain accurate insurance information, verification and pre-authorization via internet status checks and phone calls.
- Process claim billing daily ensuring that claims are accurate, timely and fully documented.
- Provide counseling to patients advising them of their financial responsibility and obtain credit agreements for outstanding balances.
- Maintain accurate and complete patient files.
- Provide status updates to patients and internal team.
- Coordinate scheduling of practitioners.
- Review clinician documentation to ensure that patients' charts are complete.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Understanding of medical reimbursement and terminology and a complete understanding of general office duties.
- Strong interpersonal, oral (including telephone) and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Windows based office technologies and automated billing systems.
- Ability to use all necessary office equipment, facsimile machines, calculator, postage machine, copiers, scanner.
- Knowledge of state, federal and regional collection and reimbursement laws where applicable.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with patient financial counseling.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Medical Background: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)