This position serves as a Human Resources Generalist, providing specialized support to College staff and Faculty on a variety of Human Resources issues including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, related laws and regulations. The Generalist provides support services related to disciplinary issues, the performance appraisal process and other areas as needed. Performs general recruiting duties, support regarding compensation, performs new employee orientation and exit interviews. Serves as a subject matter expert on various recruiting initiatives, coordinates processes and forms related to recruitment and implements appropriate technology to continuously improve upon existing services.
- Provides professional level support for assigned division(s)/department(s) in the areas of employee relations, talent acquisition, training and development and communication.
- Participates in the evaluation of assigned unit(s) goals and objectives, recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continuous improvements in the efficiency and level of excellence of the assigned unit(s).
- Works with College leaders to assess staffing needs and assist with creating requisite position descriptions and job postings, and works to place positions in the appropriate publications and websites to attract qualified applicants.
- Conducts new hire orientation and assists with website maintenance for job postings and the employment mailbox.
- Assists with the recruitment of temporary and part-time employees.
- Prepares, maintains and disseminates weekly recruiting report.
- Conducts exit interviews; identifies and reports on turnover trends and makes recommendations to address areas of challenge.
- Manages the organizational structure changes with updating, posting and dissemination of organizational charts per revisions approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Serves as backup to other Human Resource Generalists.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned.
(1) Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Administration preferred, will consider Business Administration, or closely related field. SHRM-CP or PHP certification preferred.
(2) Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (a) Ability to work independently while performing data analysis from multiple information sources. Must have demonstrated ability to employ a balanced and positive approach to all work activities, especially when dealing with sensitive employee and management issues. Possesses and applies knowledge of employment law and related federal and state regulations. Has experience working with a variety of computer software, database management, and other employee management software applications. Possesses proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office suite software, and is familiar with cloud based computing and collaborative platforms and software. Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills, relationship building, and organizing and planning. (b) must be able to work collaboratively across various constituencies of the College and with vendors and external constituencies; (c) Proficient in common office desktop software and familiar with cloud based computing and collaborative platforms and software; (3) Experience: (a) Minimum of three (3) years HR experience as an HR Generalist or similar, including recruiting experience, required. Experience in education or higher education preferred.
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer/Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace