The clientis a manufacturer of industrial and transportation detergents. products are developed and marketed to distributors. With diversification into several markets from truck and car washing, aluminum brighteners, degreasers, etc., the product line is always growing and developing. The staff is small and casual, with an emphasis on individual tasking as well as teamwork. Customer service is what Ithe client is known for, always going the extra mile to provide the customers with what they need as soon as they need it.
Equal Opportunity/ Drug Free Employer
Position: General Warehouse Associate
Daily Accountabilities to include but not limited to:
- Filling Lines - Using fill sheets (packaging directions), aid the machine operator in order to be efficient, assuring quality control procedures, and maintain a high standard of attention to detail. This includes capping, heat sealing, assembly of skids, and packaging presentation.
- Order picking & packaging: Initiate and support in the picking and packaging of customer orders as required. Initiative should be taken to support, help and quickly procure these products for prompt and timely shipment. Communication and coordination with supervisor are an essential aspect, properly package products in preparation for shipping; attach product labels.
- Inventory support monitoring: Report low stock levels of raw materials & finished products based on established minimum and maximum amounts.
- Customer Service: Facilitate customer pick up orders, monitor and enforce safety regulations & procedures.
- General warehouse function: Maintain organization of all warehouse items including raw materials, finished product, equipment, and tools. Maintain warehouse in a clean and safe condition by keeping floors and equipment clean.
Long Range Accountabilities/Projects:
- Initiate improvements to warehouse organization in compliance with OHSA and DOT standards and regulations.
- Participate in staff meetings and discussions regarding operations, growth, and development.
- Continuous improvement: Maintain and increase efficiency of overall plant operations.
This position reports to the Floor Manager, the Plant Manager and is supervised by the CEO/Owner of the company.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- Interest in chemistry, material handling, process manufacturing, and Warehousing/Distribution.
- High School level math skills.
- Pleasant, Patient Personality, ability to communicate effectively.
- Willingness to Learn and take direction.
- MUST be able to accomplish tasks unsupervised, ask questions, and use safety procedures.
- Organizational & Attention to details skills.
- Experience in Industrial Chemicals/ Hazardous materials/ HazMat/ DOT/ OSHA.
- Forklift Experience (We will train for right associate).