Overall Position Summary and Objectives The purpose of this position is to support the Executive and Deputy Executive Officers in the OD. This is a fast paced office and will require communication with the NIH & HHS Senior Staff. Duties will include; calendar management, communications, meeting prep, meeting logistics, daily tasks, problem solving, etc.
- Certified Adminstrative Assistant a plus
- Meeting minutes/summary reports
- Executive level support
- Meeting coordination
- MS Office
- General Business
No deliverables identified for this position
STATEMENT OF WORK DETAILS
Provides executive expertise needed to coordinate, improve, and oversee the overall functioning of the office.
- Coordinate the day-to-day office operation, including, but not limited to problem and conflict resolution, organization and prioritization of tasks.
- Gather and analyze information about processes and programs; prepare reports, letters, and other documents for review and input for programs, policies and activities.
- Make recommendations to resolve problems that arise.
- Provide executive expertise needed to coordinate, improve and oversee the overall functioning of the office.
- Provide high-level administrative task support within the Branch.
- Gather, compile, analyze and evaluate data for performance management goals; implement solutions to drive continuous improvement of business processes.
Schedules and maintains an accurate tracking system of all activities.
- Schedule and maintain tracking system for all activities.
- Coordinate inter-office activities; inform staff when issues/concerns arise, so that proper actions can be taken.
- Keep government abreast of all commitments via the maintenance of daily calendar.
- Maintain databases for tracking, analyzing and reporting of all activities including professional activities, travel and project management.
Stays abreast of and implements current regulations, policies and procedures, and updates staff on relevant information.
- Review and summarize the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings.
- Stay abreast of and implements current regulations, policies and procedures; update staff on relevant information.
- Monitor compliance with program policies and procedures; identify strategies to ensure that program and contractual compliance is maintained.
- Review documentation for compliance with policy and procedures; interpret instructions for adherence to format; collect data; provide summaries for analysis and interpretation.
Plans and completes various special projects.
- Plan and complete various special projects.
- Provide status reports on the progress on managing these projects/activities and collaborating with appropriate staff.
- Research information requested and provide that information; maintain status of projects; follow up on actions through contact with office staff
- Perform a variety of complex, specialized support tasks on an ongoing and ad hoc basis.
Arranges conferences and meetings and contacts attending professionals, makes travel arrangements, maintains complex schedules and calendars, and advises staff on the most effective method and format of presentations.
- Establish and prioritize meetings appointment priorities, or reschedule or refuse appointments or invitations.
- Contact participants and notify them of topics to be discussed.
- Schedule room and audio visual reservations.
- Prepare agendas, handouts and background materials.
- Work with staff on creation and preparation of presentations and slides ; provide task support for presentations and/or handouts (copy, print, distribute, etc.).
- After meetings, review the folder/notes for items requiring follow-up action; summarize and distribute minutes
- Coordinate meetings, conference calls, seminars, workshops and courses for staff; schedule conference rooms.
- Update/maintain shared calendars; rearrange calendar to accommodate situations of an urgent nature.
Updates databases and spreadsheets and creates reports for management.
- Create summaries and reports based on information gathered.
- Develop and/or complete forms and prepare for staff's signatures.
Maintains inventory and initiates purchase requests.
- Maintain office records including office procurements and reimbursement procedures.
- Collaborate with administrative staff to ensure that all purchase requests are filled in a timely manner.