We are currently seeking a Director of Nursing to join ourcomprehensive health center serving clients in East Harlem and the South Bronx.
We are looking for a Director of Nursing to ensure that patients receive quality care by supervising all Medical Assistants, the Nursing Supervisor, and the Primary Care Clinical Nurse in addition to overseeing the administration of related services.
The health center is a one-stop-shop for family, adult, pediatrics, geriatrics, women's health and mental health & substance abuse.
The ideal candidate will have a BSN to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)in New York. Three to five years of supervisory experience in a team leader role, and experience working with underserved and substance abuse populations is desirable. Bilingual in English and Spanish is desirable as well.
- Supervise all Nurses and Medical Assistants; Manage related schedules, daily assignments and prepare performance evaluations
- Oversee the maintenance of inventory for stock medications, immunizations, and medical supplies. This includes monitoring medications for expiration dates, serve as coordinator for the Vaccines for Children Program (VFC), complete centralized ordering in a timely manner
- Oversee the maintenance of emergency care equipment and ensure that crash carts are properly stocked and checked monthly
- Arrange for timely bio-med, pharmacy, and environmental safety inspections at the Center.
- Provide in-service development as appropriate re: patient prep, tracking and follow-up, patient education, infection control/hazardous materials, and record keeping
- Provide nursing care in line with training and experience to patients at the Center: assist with routine prep, triage, and assist with medical emergencies, administer injections, and wound care as needed
- Maintain communicable disease log to ensure follow-up care and necessary reporting to the Department of Health.
- Actively participate in all PCMH initiatives and quality improvement projects Act as preceptor for Hunter MSN/MPH students: oversight of activities, groups, project development
- Participate in community-based and onsite committees: Referral Advisory Group NY, Quality Improvement, Infection Control and Pharmacy Committees
- Collect, analyze, and report Quarterly Quality Assurance/Infection Control data
- Coordinate and facilitate delivery of patient and staff education events: Asthma Awareness, Hepatitis C Awareness, HIV Awareness
- Oversee the review of all outstanding lab work done at the Center to flag critical results in a timely manner
- Oversee the scheduling and follow-up of patient referrals Participate in other assignments as required by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- BSN (Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in New York.
- A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience required
- Working in behavioral health, substance abuse, mental health, psychiatry outpatient required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred BLS certified
Comprehensive package including an exceptional low-cost medical plan option for you, your domestic partner and/or your family, dental insurance, vision insurance, no cost life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefit Plan, a generous paid time off plan, a 403B retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement.
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday