Title: Dental Assistant
Assignment is for 3 months or longer
*Candidates need to be experienced, professional and hit the ground running.
Licensure: CDA mandatory
Must have x-ray license.
Experience: One year full time experience as a Dental Assistant
Proficient in four handed dentistry
The Dental Assistant performs a variety of patient care, office and laboratory duties for client dental offices. The Dental Assistant works chair side as dentists examines and treats patients; making patient comfortable, prepare them for treatment and obtain dental records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Dental Assistant is expected to practice safe and ethical care within the scope of his/her profession. The Dental Assistant should understand his/her own limitations, seeking advice and assistance when necessary. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Seat patients, adjust chairs, drape patients
- Hands instruments and materials to dentist
- Keeps patients mouth dry and clear by using suction and other devices
- Sterilizes and disinfects instruments and equipment
- Prepares tray setups for dental procedures
- Instructs patients on postoperative and general dental care
- Prepares material for making impressions and restorations
- Expose radiographs
- Process dental x-ray film as directed
- Maintains dental supply inventory
- Participate with conversation of dental resources
- Assist with education patients with oral hygiene, plaque control, post-operative instructions
- Adheres to all department/facility policies
“Providing the building blocks today, to overcome the challenges of tomorrow”