Job Title: Data Center Technician I (New Construction)
Reports To: Lead Data Center Technician and Project Manager
Promotes To: Data Center Technician II
FieldLink is a professional technology services company. We specialize in customized staffing partnerships with prominent Telecom / Low Voltage integrators responsible for large commercial projects and government contracts nation-wide. Our core values are, Honesty, Integrity, Respect, and Pride. We are hiring for Data Center Technician I (New Construction), Open to Entry Level to work in Sterling, VA serving the NoVA area. The role offers career growth and a path for continued industry training.
- Cable infrastructure and Fiber rough in.
- Cable management (dressing and labeling).
- Cable and Fiber termination.
- Rack and stack customer equipment.
- Server rack build out and rack elevation.
- Install fiber tray, ladder rack, customer equipment, and cabinets.
- Infrastructure installs (cable management, fiber tray systems, ladder racks, power trays).
- Material receiving and hardware assembly.
- Outside Plant (OSP) installation (run fiber into Data Center).
- Read and follow blueprints set for installation.
- Follow written and oral communication displaying professionalism with colleagues and management.
- Follow safety guidelines and protocols (Proper PPE, clean up jobsite, OSHA).
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- 0-2 years of Data Center Technician experience
- Active OSHA 10 – preferred
- Physical Requirement: Must be able to work on a ladder and/or scissor lift, in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds, and move up to 75 pounds. Ability to work on your feet for entire shift.
- Tools: Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (multi-Bit), tape measure, snips, pliers (needle nose and channel locks), punch down tool, flashlight, work boots (steel toe or composite toe) gloves and tool pouch.