Part of a multidisciplinary team to deliver patient-centered nursing and rehabilitation services to patients. Provides direct resident care to ensure residents plan of care is followed. Provides the highest level of service to all patients, families, and visitors to ensure satisfaction. Completes all required documentation as per state/federal and facility guidelines.
Essential Generic Job Functions:
- Provides patient care, as per Patient Care Plan, including but not limited to ROM exercises, ambulation, transfer training, assisting with feeding and calorie counts, bed making, personal hygiene, skin checks, AM and HS care, vital signs, answer call bells promptly, post-mortem care, assist with room changes, and participate in reports.
- Identify and report all real or potential problems regarding the administration of patient care.
- Ensure residents are wearing/using adaptive equipment, as ordered.
- Ensures patients are clean, neatly dressed, groomed, safe, and fed during assigned shift hours.
- Follows through on ordered restorative nursing for assigned patients.
- Completes all required tasks, documentation, and reports daily as per facility policy and state and federal regulations.
- Records intake and output and bowel movements.
- Reports any unusual changes in patient condition to Nurse promptly.
- Communicates pertinent information and actual or potential problems to Nurse throughout shift.
- Identifies patient needs and treatment opportunities, providing services to meet those needs on an on-going basis.
- Maintains professional competence and keeps current with Occupational Health trends through participation in continuing education, in-service programs, professional staff sessions and training of nursing personnel.
- Fosters good relationships and communications with all Team Members, patients, family/significant others and visitors.
- Must float as needed.
- Certified Nursing Assistant - will be working in a long-term care and rehabilitation facility.
- BLS preferred.
- Will be working in a skilled nursing facility, subacute (short term) patient population post surgery, hip replacement, motor vehicle accidents, stroke and a variety of other conditions.
- Must be comfortable working in LTC with 280 bed facility with 9 units.
- Must be able to pass a general competency exam (provided via online link - situational questions) prior to start.
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
Current Health Statement
2 Step PPD / QuantiFERON
COVID 19 Vaccination
New York State Licensure
**The above list is just to prepare candidates for the possibility or credentials that may or may not be required. If you have any of these documents available, you will want to get them around for fast track onboarding.**
Contract Start Date: ASAP