Medical Staffing Services, INC. (MSSI) specializes in staffing clinical, non-clinical, and allied personnel. We excel in all levels, disciplines, and specialties within the healthcare spectrum. Our projects range from short to long term local and travel assignments. MSSI has been recognized as a certified small business enterprise. In addition, we are proud that we have earned the prestigious Joint Commission accreditation for staffing firms and have been awarded Best in Staffing 4 years running by our employees and client partners.
Opportunity Details:There are multiple positions available, with a wide range of shifts and schedules available.
Pay will vary based on experience, shift and location.
Contract lengths vary from 8-26 weeks, depending on the location.
The Certified Nursing Assistant performs nursing procedures and patient care tasks as assigned by the facility under the direction of a Nurse or Physician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Certified Nursing Assistant should understand his/her own limitations, seeking advice and assistance when necessary. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide for patient's personal hygiene, comfort, and activities of daily living
- Assists with bathing, dressing, and grooming, toileting, including use of bedpan, commode, or toilet
- Assists with transfers and ambulation
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and equipment for personal hygiene.
- Take vital signs and monitor intake and output
- Assist the nurse or physician with patients and procedures
- Completes documentation as required and in accordance with the facilities' policy
- Accurately report patient status to supervisor
- Consistently practice standard precautions
- Performs all duties promptly in a competent and caring manner
- Maintain good communication among patients/residents and all healthcare personnel
- Present a neat appearance and dress in compliance with the facilities' policies
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Participates in continuing education and learning experiences to enhance and maintain current knowledge and skills for continued competence
- Perform all duties using proper body mechanics, follow facilities "No Lift " policy as appropriate
- Ability to operate and handle many kinds of medical equipment
- Frequently move/lift between 50-100 pounds, depending on assignment requirements
- Stand for long periods with frequent squatting, twisting, bending, kneeling and reaching to prepare equipment, materials or objects in order to provide patient care or maintain the patient environment
- Sensory requirements include speech for communication and vision, smell, touch and hearing to monitor patient status.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Consistent attendance is required to assure that the facilities' needs, and patient needs are met
- Complies with all facilities' policies, procedures, and practices
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 6 months to 1year experience preferred, but not required.
Certification: Must be certified in the state of Wisconsin.