Must have x-ray license.
Licensure: CDA mandatory.
Experience: One year full time experience as a Dental Assistant
Proficient in four handed dentistry
The Dental Assistant performs a variety of patient care, office and laboratory duties for client dental offices. The Dental Assistant works chair side as dentists examines and treats patients; making patient comfortable, prepare them for treatment and obtain dental records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Dental Assistant is expected to practice safe and ethical care within the scope of his/her profession. The Dental Assistant should understand his/her own limitations, seeking advice and assistance when necessary. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Seat patients, adjust chairs, drape patients.
- Hands instruments and materials to dentist.
- Keeps patients mouth dry and clear by using suction and other devices.
- Sterilizes and disinfects instruments and equipment.
- Prepares tray setups for dental procedures.
- Instructs patients on postoperative and general dental care.
- Prepares material for making impressions and restorations.
- Expose radiographs.
- Process dental x-ray film as directed.
- Maintains dental supply inventory.
- Participate with conversation of dental resources.
- Assist with education patients with oral hygiene, plaque control, post-operative instructions.
- Adheres to all department/facility policies.
- Must have working knowledge of techniques, theory and practice of dental assisting.
- Must have current knowledge in caring for patients in different developmental stages throughout the life cycle.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate medical equipment.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination.
- Consistent attendance is required to assure that the client facilities needs and patient needs are met.
- To comply with all client facilities policies, procedures and practices.
- To comply with all policies and to uphold our standards of excellence while on assignment at our client facilities.
The Dental Assistant must understand and accept the possibility of exposure to inside environmental conditions, such as noise, infectious/communicable diseases, blood and blood borne diseases.