Job Title: Structured Cabling Technician II
Reports To: Lead Structured Cabling Technician and Project Manager
Promotes To: Structured Cabling Technician IIIOverview:
FieldLink is a professional services organization that specializes in network infrastructure field deployment solutions. We provide contingent resources to assist with the design, implementation and support of voice, data, and video networks across the nation. We are hiring for Structured Cabling Technician II to work in Phoenix, AZ. The role offers a long term opportunity to grow with a company on a contract to hire basis.
- Installation of cable infrastructure (CAT5/E and CAT6).
- Dress and route cable into IT closets, modular furniture, and other work area outlets.
- Cable pathway installation (J-hooks, D-rings, cable trays, and ladder racks).
- Cable management (dressing and labeling).
- Cable Termination (Patch Panel, Jacks, Keystones, RJ-45/Modular Plug).
- Wireless Access Point (WAP) Installation.
- End Point Device Mounting / Connectivity Testing
- IT Closet Builds (MDF, IDF, Data rack, ladder rack, cable tray, sleeve installation).
- Read and follow blueprints set for installation.
- Follow written and oral communication displaying professionalism with colleagues and management.
- Follow safety guidelines and protocols (Proper PPE, clean up jobsite, OSHA).
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- 2+ years of commercial structured cabling, low voltage, or data cable installation experience.
- Active OSHA 10 – preferred.
- Scissor Lift Certification – preferred.
- Physical Requirement: Must be able to work on a ladder and/or scissor lift. Work in confined spaces, can lift 50 pounds, and move up to 75 pounds. Ability to work on your feet for entire shift.